Supporting the world to meet COP26 goals
Talk to us at the International Maritime Hub (Green Zone) about how we can work together using marine data to help support safe, secure and thriving oceans
All marine activities can be improved by quality marine geospatial information
From enabling smart shipping to planning flood defences, from safeguarding blue carbon sinks to managing marine habitats, from supporting coastal communities to unlocking blue economic growth.
See how, in partnership across the globe, we’re striving to unlock the untapped potential of marine geospatial data to make a significant contribution towards meeting our societal, economic, and environmental agendas.
“We understand the global marine environment and are helping to solve some of the key challenges that our planet faces.”
New international standards for maritime safety and sustainability
These new S-100 data standards will help underpin the next generation of navigation technology and sustainable ocean management.
Marine Geospatial Information – the foundation layer
Marine geospatial information is used as a foundation layer to support the understanding, management and protection of the marine environment.
Advancing marine analytics with cutting-edge data science
Machine learning and ‘big data’ processing is at the heart of transformation of the maritime industry.
We’re challenging the marine industry to innovate
Using marine geospatial information we’re building a community of partners to address some of the global challenges like climate change
Sustainability at the heart of our business
We’re committed to bringing the climate and sustainable development into the very core of everything we do, and in doing so help protect the environment we live in and the oceans we chart
COP26 by theme
- Adaption & resilience: to help communities adapt to, and prepare for, the worst impacts of climate change.
- Nature: to safeguard and restore natural habitats and ecosystems to preserve the planet’s biodiversity.
- Energy Transition: to accelerate the clean energy transition by encouraging the use of cheaper renewables and storage.
- Clean Transport: to clean our air by speeding up the global transition to zero emission vehicles.
- Finance: to encourage our financial systems to be cleaner to unlock growth and create green jobs.